- Do you want a month-to-month agreement or a long term lease?
- Can you get out of the lease in case of a job change or emergency?
- Do you have a “cooling period” in case you change your mind after moving in?
- Do you need to put down a security deposit?
- Do you have references that you can share with the leasing company?
- Can you paint or make any changes to the interior?
- Is there a warranty?
- What will be covered if broken?
- Do you want to have a view or be close to, for example, the beach?
- Do you want to be in a cul-de-sac?
- Have you checked local crime?
- Have you checked the Megan’s Law registry?
- Do you want an open or closed floor plan?
- If you have more than one bedroom, do you want them to share a wall?
- Do you want many stories? Can you easily walk up and down stairs?
- Do you have room for storage?
- Do you want to live above other people and will they hear you or your dog when you move around?
- Have you talked to anyone who lives in the neighborhood?
- Do you want to be a corner unit?
- Do you share walls? Can you hear your neighbors talk, their tv, etc?
- Do you feel like you can play your TV at an acceptable volume and not disturb others?
- Do your neighbors all have WiFi and are you sensitive to EMFs?
- Are your neighbors like you?
- Do they care about the upkeep of their homes?
- Will you be able to keep your windows open without disturbing or being disturbed by neighbors?
- How will disputes with neighbors be settled?
- Do you have access to the utilities that you need? For example, what is the speed of the Internet connection?
- Have you checked the radio waves in your area? For example, are you close to power cables or a cell phone tower?
- Do you want to have a clothes washer/dryer in your unit? If not, how much are the community units and are they cleaned?
- Do you need a dishwasher?
- Do you need an air conditioner?
- Do you need heating?
- Do you need a refrigerator?
- Is there adequate power all of your electronics?
- Does your neighborhood recycle?
- Can you get a sample of a utility bill for your budget?
- What would you like the weather to be like? Do you like rain or hot weather?
- What direction does the wind blow?
- Do you want the sun to face your windows in the morning or the evening?
- What is the air quality?
- Do you want to take an elevator for your dog to do #1 or #2?
- Do you need hardwood floors?
- Do you want your pet to be able to go out in front of your place?
- Is there grass?
- Do you have enough for two parking spaces? Does your area have parking for friends to visit?
- Do you want a carport or garage?
- Do you need to be able to charge a car?
- Do you want to be able to walk or ride your bike to area stores, etc?
- Is there a pool and jacuzzi and how important is this to you? When does it get busy?
- Is there a gym so that you don’t need extra membership? When does it get busy?
- Is it safe to walk at night?
- Are you close to community trash and will you smell it when it is warm?
- Is there a manager or homeowners association? Can you go to one of the board meetings or read the latest minutes?
- Do you have a lot of traffic passing your place?
- Is it easy to get in and out of your community no matter the time of day? Is there a controlled intersection?
- Does it matter if you are close to work and what is the commute like when you will normally be coming and going to work?
- How long does it take you to get to a freeway?
- Do you want a patio connected to your property or on the roof?